OOOOOZZZEEEBALLL!!!!! Now people may be wondering what Oozeball is, and for a clear answer it is defined as, “volleyball in the mud”. Here at Albright College any students, alumni, faculty and staff are eligible to play in eight inches of mud! But what is different this year than any year before at Albright is that this tournament will be a two day event rather than a one day event like how its been in the past. Saturday April 16 and Sunday April 17th starting at 11 a.m. everyone is welcomed to gather at the Albright Woods to enjoy a fun day of oozeball with free food, drink and music to get the day started. Now many squeamish people might be thinking, “eww gross playing in the mud!” But once you get in the mud you tend to forget about how gross you think it is. “I first thought the idea of playing volleyball in the mud was gross, mainly because mud would be in between my toes and that just is so gross” states, Junior Alyssa Smith.
Rain or shine, the tournament will still be going on. One piece of advice I recommend? Do not wear anything you don’t care about getting muddy and ruined, and I mean anything!! Because you will be covered from head to toe in mud by the end of the day. Oh I forgot to mention! Even if you are not part of a team for oozeball your still welcome to watch, hangout with friends and drink….water that is! “I am really looking forward to Oozeball, this will be very very first one and I hope its a lot of fun, or as fun as people say it is” said David James a freshman. Other than just freshman, many Albright students will need to adjust to the two day event. Many students are very hesitant to go to oozeball this year because of the forecast. Since mother nature has plagued us with horrible cold rainy weather many people are skeptical on going outside today. “I dont really know if I want to go out this year. Last year was rainy and cold and with how the weather has been lately, I have a feeling it will be cold and rainy rather than sunny and beautiful so theres a 50-50 chance I’ll go to oozeball, if I can’t go to one day because of the rain hopefully the other day will have better weather” states sophomore Jess Meril. Well, with that said I hope Mother Nature wants to cooperate with us and give us the appropriate weather for what is now, mid April?!?! The weather feels like it’s February, can’t mother nature bring back the t-shirt and shorts weather? Either way, oozeball is a fun event held at Albright College that brings students, alumni and faculty together in the mud while eating drinking and listening to great music, so come on out it sure will be blast! “I am so excited for oozeball this year! A lot of upperclassman keep talking about it and I really am excited to see how it is and experience it for the first time as a freshman” states freshman Alyssa Hoovenmyer. Everyone especially freshman are excited to see how the two day oozeball event plays out . So my question to you is, will you go?
**Oozeball 2009, Freshman Grace Marcus (left) and Senior Brooke Rose (right)
No comments:
Post a Comment